Mauritania or the Islamic Republic of Mauritania is a country in northern part of west Africa, the Maghreb region. It is bordering the Atlantic Ocean in the west, Morocco and the remnants of Western Sahara in the north, Algeria in the northeast, Mali in the east and southeast and Senegal in the southwest. Its capital is Nouakchott, located on the Atlantic Shore. About 1.2 milion people live in the capital, more than 80% of Mauritania is the Sahara desert. Nouadhibou or Nawadhibu, the socond largest city, is an important economic area for Mauritania because of its large fishing center and industrial harbor.
Hotels in Mauritania
Most Mauritania hotels are located in Nouakchott and Atar, you will find at least one hotel in the regional capitals in the rest of the country.
• Five star hotels Nouakchott: Royal Suites Hotel.
• Four star hotels Nouakchott: Hôtel Semiramis, Hotel Wissal, Azalaï Hôtel Marhaba, Hotel Monotel Dar El Barka, Hôtel Résidence IMAN, Al Khaima City Center, Nouakchott Hotel, Hotel Houda, Hotel Mauricenter Nouakchott and Hotel Tfeila.
• Three star hotels Nouakchott: Hotel Emira, Holiday Hotel and Emina Hotel.
• Two star hotels Nouakchott: Beauty house day spa.
• Hotels, apartment hotels, resorts and hostels Nouakchott: Résidence de la plage, Appart City, Suite Monoapparte and Appartement Wissal.
Ancient cities in Mauritania that show its rich trade route past: Ouadane, Chinguetti, Oualata, Tichitt and Koumbi Saleh.
Sights and important places in Mauritania: Réserve Satellite du Cap Blanc in Nouâdhibou, Port de Pêche, Musée National, Grande Mosquée, Friday Mosque, Friday Mosque & Mosquée Marocaine in Nouakchott, Parc National du Banc d'Arguin half way between Nouakchott & Nouakchott and Le Ksar al Kiali in Ouadâne.